Safety Program dollars, for those districts that elect to participate, represent a 2-3% surcharge of District contributions during a plan year. As such, the funds are owned by the District and are 100% refundable upon district request or termination from the Workers’ Compensation program. All applications are subject to approval by the Risk Management team upon presentation of a completed application. These funds can be transferred to the Property/Liability Safety Program upon written request.
This program is designed to be used for projects that reduce loss exposure to employees, such as:
- Ergonomic or other equipment which prevents injury (ergonomic keyboards, chairs, weight belts, engineering controls, etc.)
- Safety and/or health related in-services, workshops, or seminars (including travel) relative to employee protection
- Personal protective equipment (steel toe/metatarsal guard shoes, gloves, safety glasses, respirators, etc.)
- Pre-placement physicals
- D.O.T. drug and alcohol testing (pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return-to-work and random testing)
- Non-D.O.T. drug and alcohol testing (for those job applicants who have been offered employment with your district)