Blue Shield will offer Access Plus HMO, TRIO (the Accountable Care Organization plan), PPO and H.S.A plans.
Blue Shield has a dedicated team throughout Southern California including a major office in Woodland Hills in Los Angeles. They maintain high quality provider networks for both their PPO and HMO customers.
Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
Accountable care organizations benefit members by helping to:
- Avoid unnecessary trips to the emergency room
- Manage drug therapies to improve clinical outcomes
- Shorten hospital stays
- Prescribe the most effective and affordable medications
- Coordinate care to eliminate duplication
- Reduce readmissions
Accountable Care organizations mean a partnership between the medical group, hospitals, and Blue Shield. They coordinate the care of members between each group achieving better outcomes for the patients. Blue Shield’s ACO product has shown the following results:
- Up to 13% reduction in hospital admissions
- Up to 27% decrease in days spent in the hospital
- $325 Million in total cost savings for their members